Would you like to learn more about the game of chess?
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, you will have the chance to
play against others of different ages and abilities while being coached by a
professional chess coach.
The Gifted and Talented Children’s Association of South Australia is offering Saturday Chess Club on four Saturdays during the third school term. Novice or expert. Nourish your mind with the many benefits chess has to offer; strategic thinking, lateral thinking, visual memory, analytical skills and social interaction. Learn key rules of the game and the more important ideas you need to play a good and exciting game.
- The origins and history of chess and revision of the rules
- The joy of tactics, including forks, pins, skewers, discoveries, nets, ties, sacrifices and King hunts.
- The strategy of openings, middlegames and endgames.
- Fool’s mate, Scholar’s mate and the famous Opera game.
- Chess clocks, computer chess, Internet chess, chess literature, chess in Australia and much more.
Learn about Australian juniors who are among the World’s best. The sessions will include a short tournament.