Giftedness is 24/7. It cannot be turned off. It can’t happen only between 9am-11am on Tuesdays. What if you were gifted and there was nobody like you? Would you want to stand out like a bright star against a velvety night sky? Or would you choose to hide by camouflaging your abilities?
This series of books about a family of five gifted cheetah cubs is designed to provide a few snapshots of the world of the gifted and talented child.
?While written and illustrated on a child’s level, they also help adults become aware of some of the issues a gifted child could face.
Our world needs these children.
- What difference would it make if they were nurtured?
- What if they learned to celebrate their giftedness?
- What if they prized their originality?
- What if they knew that this was normal for them?
- How wonderful if their giftedness were acknowledged when they were small!
Gloria van Donge is a mother of a gifted child, but she only discovered this in her retirement! She recalls that at the age of 3 years old, her daughter would recite story books on long car trips. All it took was the first sentence, “Once upon a time” and the words would tumble out. There was no stopping until “they lived happily ever after”.
See more at the website https://www.giftedkidzone.com/