Dara School invites you to attend
Challenging Highly Able Learners
This professional learning course for educators is based upon the Federal Government’s Professional Development Package for Teachers produced by the Gifted Education Research, Resources and Information Centre (GERRIC), University of New South Wales. As this course was originally published in 2005, its content and readings have been updated to reflect current research, practice and evidence in the second decade of the 21st century.
Participating in the program will increase your capacity to cater for the needs of highly able learners. Should you wish to progress to post-graduate studies in Gifted Education at Flinders University, credit may be given to those participants who complete the whole course and submit written critical reflections. Participants will be equipped with workshop materials, PowerPoints and other learning aids. See flyer below for session details and booking information
Professional Development for Teachers and Schools.
- Postgraduate program in Gifted Education
- Master of Education (Gifted Education)
- Gifted Education Professional Development Package
Dept of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Certificate in Effective Practice in Gifted Education
REACH Education Consultancy
Specialists in Gifted Education
– Now available to Australian educators, the course comes in 11 fortnightly modules delivered online in a format designed to be easy to use.
- Nurturing Success in Gifted Children
Graduate Program in Education
University of Calgary, Canada
Other resources and interesting links may be found on our LINKS page.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff for Teachers: A to Z Teacher Stuff is a teacher-created site designed to help teachers find online resources more quickly and easily. Find lesson plans, thematic units, teacher tips, discussion forums for teachers, downloadable teaching materials & eBooks, printable worksheets and blacklines, emergent reader books, themes, and more.
- ERIC (Educational Resources Information Centre): World’s largest digital library of educational literature.